5 hours of professional development
Register on Teachable via credit card or email Dolly for invoice
This online, self-paced course that will equip you with a toolkit of practical strategies to help your child with ASD achieve better communication, social, emotional, behavioural and learning outcomes.
You’ll also learn a range of behaviour management strategies to effectively respond to challenging behaviour and develop a prevention plan with the Behaviour Help app.
At the end of this course you will have:
- Free copy of ‘Positive Behaviour Support for Students with ‘Autism Spectrum Disorder’ course book.
- A toolkit of practical strategies to assess, manage and prevent challenging behaviours in children with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Actionable tools for developing a behaviour support plan that you can apply immediately with your child in your setting.
- Lifetime access to the Behaviour Help app, allowing you to develop a behaviour support plan for a child with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- A certificate of participation for 5 hours of professional development.
This course is accredited by the Teacher Quality Institute of ACT.
What you'll learn
This online, self-paced course is divided into three modules:
Module 1, Introduction to Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Defining ASD
- Subcategories of ASD
- Characteristics of ASD
- Impact of Characteristics on Social Communication, Learning and Behaviour
- Onset of ASD
- Diagnostic Process
- Causes of ASD
- Prevalence of ASD
Module 2, Positive Behaviour Support
- Learn about data collection (intensity, frequency, duration)
- Complete a functional behaviour assessment
- Identify triggers and functions of challenging behaviours
- Learn and identify safe and appropriate behaviour de-escalation management strategies
- Learn and identify appropriate behaviour minimisation and prevention strategies
- Develop a customised behaviour support plan
- Learn and identify appropriate strategies and tools for helping a student develop cognitive, communication, behavioural and social skills
Module 3, Positive Behaviour Support and Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Help students with ASD cope with change
- Help students with ASD cope with unstructured times
- Help students with ASD cope with transitions between activities, people or places
- Help students with ASD develop communication skills
- Use visual communication systems to help improve communication, play and a positive identity
- Develop an Individual Education Plan
How to enrol and receive your resources
Teachable – Click on START THIS COURSE to begin the course through Teachable, where you’ll be required to pay the course fee of $165 via credit card. If you would prefer an invoice or have multiple participants please email email@example.com
Once enrolled, you will receive a Welcome email with the following information:
Login Details for the Behaviour Help App
Confirm the email address you would like the Amazon voucher to be sent to so you can download a free copy of the coursebook Positive Behaviour Support Strategies for Students with Autism Spectrum Disorder: A step by step guide to assessing, preventing and managing emotional and behavioural difficulties on Amazon Kindle.
Course tasks to complete and send via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Since you’re here, you probably have questions and concerns. I am Dolly Bhargava, am here to help. I am a NDIS registered behaviour support practitioner and speech pathologist.
I have worked in a number of settings for over 21 years so, how can I help?
Please tell me what is worrying you right now and I will do my best to recommend resources and/or services that will be most useful to you in your situation.
- 0423 293 254
- Read my Blog