5 hours of professional development
Course book Taking CHARGE of my Rainbow of Emotions
Register on Teachable via credit card or email Dolly for invoice
While most children develop emotional regulation skills as they grow up, some children have consistent difficulty with identifying, expressing and managing their emotions in healthy ways. Consequently, they may exhibit challenging behaviours when faced with difficult situations which can put them and those around them at risk.
Guiding the Development of Emotional Regulation Skills is an online, self-paced course that will equip you with practical tools to improve a child’s emotional regulation. Using a Rainbow of Emotions and CHARGE toolbelt, you’ll be able to coach a child step by step to help them learn strategies to cope, manage and respond to a difficult experience in a healthy manner.
At the end of this course, you’ll have:
- Knowledge to develop an Emotional Profile for a child with difficulty regulating their emotions
- A toolkit of practical strategies to guide children in learning to regulate their emotions
- A copy of 'Taking CHARGE of My Rainbow of Emotions Facilitator's Guide and Student Workbook'
- A certificate of participation for 5 hours of professional development
This course is accredited by the Teacher Quality Institute of ACT and NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA).
What you'll learn
This online, self-paced course is divided into two modules.
Module 1 – Introduction to Emotional Regulation and Coaching
- Emotional Regulation Defined
- Emotional Dysregulation Defined
- Emotional Dysregulation Consequences
- Emotional Coaching Defined
Module 2 – Emotional Coaching Framework
- Section 1 – Emotional Profile to identify if your child is at the beginner, intermediate or advanced stage of emotional literacy
- Section 2 – Get Ready by helping your child to have an understanding of their importance and the role they play in our life
- Section 3 – Get Set by developing the emotional regulation tools
- Section 4 – Get Going by teaching your child how to use the tools
How to enrol and receive your resources
Teachable – Click on START THIS COURSE to begin the course through Teachable, where you’ll be required to pay the course fee of $165 via credit card. If you would prefer an invoice or have multiple participants please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Once enrolled, you will receive a Welcome email.
Please confirm the email address you would like the Amazon voucher to be sent to so you can get a free copy of the coursebook 'Taking CHARGE of my Rainbow of Emotions'.
Course tasks to complete and send via email to email@example.com
Since you’re here, you probably have questions and concerns. I am Dolly Bhargava, am here to help. I am a NDIS registered behaviour support practitioner and speech pathologist.
I have worked in a number of settings for over 21 years so, how can I help?
Please tell me what is worrying you right now and I will do my best to recommend resources and/or services that will be most useful to you in your situation.
- 0423 293 254
- Read my Blog