POSITIVE BEHAVIOUR SUPPORT STRATEGIES FOR STUDENTS WITH OPPOSITIONAL AND DEFIANT BEHAVIOURS
Practical strategies to help your student with oppositional and defiant behaviours achieve better communication, social, emotional, behavioural and learning outcomes.
About this course
Children with an ongoing pattern of oppositional and defiant behaviours or with a diagnosis of Oppositional Defiant Disorder can exhibit challenging behaviours that disrupt their learning and development and that of others.
Positive Behaviour Support Strategies for Students with Oppositional and Defiant Behaviours is an online, self-paced course that will equip you with a toolkit of practical strategies to help your student achieve better communication, social, emotional, behavioural and learning outcomes. You’ll also learn a range of behaviour management strategies to effectively respond to challenging behaviour and develop a prevention plan with the Behaviour Help app.
At the end of this course you will have:
- A toolkit of practical strategies to assess, manage and prevent challenging behaviours in children with oppositional and defiant behaviours
- Actionable tools for developing a behaviour support plan that you can apply immediately with your child in your setting
- Lifetime access to the Behaviour Help app, allowing you to develop a behaviour support plan for any child with oppositional and defiant behaviours that you support
- Lifetime access to free Behaviour Help resources
- A certificate of participation for 5 hours of professional development
This course is accredited by the Teacher Quality Institute of ACT and NSW Education Standards Authority.
What You’ll Learn
This online, self-paced course is divided into two modules.
Module 1 – Introduction to Oppositional and Defiant Behaviours
- Defining Oppositional Defiant Disorder
- gnising Oppositional and Defiant Behaviours
- Causes of Oppositional and Defiant Behaviours
- Prevalence of Oppositional and Defiant Behaviours
Module 2 – Positive Behaviour Support and Oppositional and Defiant Behaviours
- Learn and identify triggers and functions of challenging behaviours
- Complete a functional behaviour assessment
- Learn and identify appropriate behaviour management strategies
- Learn and identify safe and appropriate de-escalation strategies
- Develop a customised behaviour support plan
- Learn and identify appropriate minimisation and prevention strategies
- Learn and identify appropriate strategies and tools for helping a child develop positive communication, behavioural and social skills
- Develop a prevention plan for challenging behaviour
How to enrol and recieve your resources
Click here to begin the course through Open Learning, where you’ll be required to pay the course fee of $88.
Once enrolled, click here to gain lifetime access to the Behaviour Help app for a one-off payment of $11.
To receive a free physical copy of the coursebook Positive Behaviour Support Strategies for Students with Oppositional and Defiant Behaviours: A step by step guide to assessing, preventing and managing emotional and behavioural difficulties, email email@example.com with your postal address.
Outside of Australia? You can still enrol!
Enrolments from individuals both within Australia and internationally are accepted. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to get information on enrolment.
- Childcare workers
- Primary and secondary teachers
- Teachers Assistants
- Disability support staff
About your trainer
Dolly Bhargava has a Bachelor of Applied Science in Speech Pathology and a Master of Special Education, Over the 20 years she has found her passion for not only supporting individuals with emotional and behavioural difficulties (EBD). She has created this online course to equip people who support individuals with EBD to develop knowledge, skills and tools to transform the lives of the individuals they support.
Learn more about Dolly Bhargava and Behaviour Help.
Free Downloadable Resources
These free downloadable booklets have been written for parents, child care professionals, educators youth and health professionals supporting children of all ages with a range of disabilities.