GUIDING THE DEVELOPMENT OF EMOTIONAL REGULATION SKILLS
Practical tools to improve a child’s emotional regulation and achieve better communication, social, emotional, behavioural and learning outcomes.
About this course
While most children develop emotional regulation skills as they grow up, some children have consistent difficulty with identifying, expressing and managing their emotions in healthy ways. Consequently, they may exhibit challenging behaviours when faced with difficult situations which can put them and those around them at risk.
Guiding the Development of Emotional Regulation Skills is an online, self-paced course that will equip you with practical tools to improve a child’s emotional regulation. Using a Rainbow of Emotions and CHARGE toolbelt, you’ll be able to coach a child step by step to help them learn strategies to cope, manage and respond to a difficult experience in a healthy manner.
At the end of this course you will have:
- Knowledge to develop an Emotional Profile for a child with difficulty regulating their emotions
- A toolkit of practical strategies to guide children in learning to regulate their emotions
- Lifetime access to free Behaviour Help resources
- A certificate of participation for 5 hours of professional development
This course is accredited by the Teacher Quality Institute of ACT and NSW Education Standards Authority.
What You’ll Learn
This online, self-paced course is divided into two modules.
Module 1 – Introduction to Emotional Regulation and Coaching
- Emotional Regulation Defined
- Emotional Dysregulation Defined
- Emotional Dysregulation Consequences
- Emotional Coaching Defined
Module 2 – Emotional Coaching Framework
- Section 1 – Emotional Profile to identify if your child is at the beginner, intermediate or advanced stage of emotional literacy
- Section 2 – Get Ready by helping your child to have an understanding of their importance and the role they play in our life
- Section 3 – Get Set by developing the emotional regulation tools
- Section 4 – Get Going by teaching your child how to use the tools
How to enrol and recieve your resources
Click here to begin the course through Open Learning, where you’ll be required to pay the course fee of $99.
To receive a free physical copy of the coursebook Taking CHARGE of my Rainbow of Emotions, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your postal address.
Outside of Australia? You can still enrol!
Enrolments from individuals both within Australia and internationally are accepted. Please email email@example.com to get information on enrolment.
- Childcare workers
- Primary and secondary teachers
- Teachers Assistants
- Disability support staff
About your trainer
Dolly Bhargava has a Bachelor of Applied Science in Speech Pathology and a Master of Special Education, Over the 20 years she has found her passion for not only supporting individuals with emotional and behavioural difficulties (EBD). She has created this online course to equip people who support individuals with EBD to develop knowledge, skills and tools to transform the lives of the individuals they support.
Learn more about Dolly Bhargava and Behaviour Help.
Free Downloadable Resources
These free downloadable booklets have been written for parents, child care professionals, educators youth and health professionals supporting children of all ages with a range of disabilities.